Thursday, June 20, 2013

Life's a beach

As promised, we took Arlie to the beach with what might be his last time. We joined our friends who have a condo in Dewey Beach, DE. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was probably one of the best weekends we have had to relax and watch Arlie play.



Arlie with his brother and sister


A romp with his girl, Bella.

One happy schnoodle

Arlie's girl is a swimmer. Bella loves going out into the ocean to find sticks. Arlie, on the other hand, not so much. He never has been a water dog. When she went out a little too far for his liking, he made sure to bark and let us know and tell her that that was unacceptable.
All tuckered out after a long day in the surf. Yes, Bella is kissing Arlie's paw. And yes, Arlie lets her.

What I haven't mentioned is that the past few days Arlie has developed a terrible cough. It almost sounds like a child with croup. Today was the first day that he did it so many times he had trouble catching his breath. I don't know if it is from the cancer or if he picked something up at the beach. We go in on Tuesday for another xray and they will check his lungs and front leg. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, here's a pic of our son and his favorite friend before bedtime.


2 comments:

  1. I love Arlie's pawprint in the sand in the picture with your adorable children. These pictures are a touching tribute to the love surrounding and supporting Arlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Arlie is in my thought and prayers. He is such a handsome and brave boy. He is so lucky to have such a loving family.

    Hudson (my Smeraglia goldendoodle) and I are sending big hugs your way.

    All our best.

    ReplyDelete