Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 days post chemo and we have a case of the yucks

Arlie has a big case of the yucks. For some reason, this chemo treatment has hit him a little bit harder than previous ones. He vomited this morning (once again, asked to go out to do so) which was unusual because he ate last night. He vomited bile which is his MO when he has an empty stomach. He is on the anti nausea meds and the stimulant. We mixed some wet food with his dry food last night and this morning and he ate that up. I was happy to see that he even ate his dry food that we had up in our bedroom in his bowls (yes, our dog has water and food bowls in our master bath and in the laundry room).


I will do my best not to email "M" with my stress and see how Arlie does this week. This is huge for me! To not run to my email and ask him why Arlie had the hiccups or that he looked at me strangely or that he jumped on the right side of the couch when he has always loved the left side... which brings me to my next topic.  Lately, I've been taping old "Friends" episodes to watch while I'm folding laundry and cleaning up. This particular one was on where Ross and Rachel are dumped by their pediatrician because Rachel is harassing him so much and asking so many questions. Now I know that "M" wouldn't "dump" us but when this episode came on, I was laughing out loud because it's a conversation that Greg and I have about Arlie. Greg tells me I need to calm down and not email "M" with every hiccup that our schnoodle has. So, I shall try. Now keep in mind, I think "M" is fantastic and Greg and I don't start our conversations the way Ross and Rachel did in the below clip, but it still made me chuckle....which is good cause I need a good chuckle every now and then.





No comments:

Post a Comment