Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pitter patter of little feet?

Tomorrow is the one month anniversary of Arlie's death. It has been a very hard month for us. Everytime we start to feel better, we find something that reminds us of Arlie. It is kind of amazing that Arlie has visited all of our dreams this past month. I told you about Jackson's dream already. A week after his dream, Greg had a dream that he was curled up next to Arlie in bed. He told me it felt so real and he woke up calmed. I was starting to hope that Arlie would visit me in my dreams and then...he did! I dreamt that we had decided to get new hardwood floors throughout the house (random) and in one spot they forgot to put wood and there was a huge hole. As I was on all fours peering down the hole a schnoodle nose came up along the side of me. He lay down next to me watching me and nudging me with his nose. I remember thinking in my dream that this was, infact, a dream and wondering if I would be able to feel him since it wasn't real. He was looking at me and I decided to try and when I put my hand on his ears and neck I got to feel Arlie one more time. It was amazing. I remember thinking, "This is a dream and it isn't real but I don't care I never want it to end". I then laid down next to Arlie and he curled into me making his happy schnoodle noises he used to make. This time, it was my turn to wake up with a smile.

The day I woke up from that amazing dream, I found out that we will be schnoodle parents once again. In mid August it has almost been confirmed that Arlie's half sister will give birth to a litter of pups! That means, the Hayken household will hear the pitter patter of four little feet in mid/late October!!! We told the owner to give Malaya (the birth mom) extra treats from us. After all, Malaya is growing our little heart band aid in there!!! She deserves serious treats for that right?!?!?!?

Now, as you know Arlie's real name is "Arlington" after the city Greg and I were married and lived when we got Arlie Bear. We have since moved out of  Arlington and already have a name for our next pup already! It's going to be good. We will let you know once we have the little pup in our hands.

Jackson has already proclaimed this new puppy will be his "best buddy" and Gia has said that he will be "her newest pillow pet". Naturally Greg and I are super excited as well. You know who else is super excited???? My readers, friends, and family, neighbors, and a part of Arlie I think. He knows we have more love to give and wants us to be his happy humans. This new pup is going to be one loved and VERY wanted little guy.

Carry on.....

Love and Paws,
Andrea and angel Arlie

No comments:

Post a Comment