Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kindness of others

I forgot to mention something that happened Tuesday after we found out the diagnosis. Greg and I were standing by our car outside in the parking lot of the Hope Center trying to comfort and gather ourselves before we went home to face the kids.

A woman came out of the Hope Center with a cat in her carrier. She put the cat in her car and walked over to us and said, "I know this is none of my business. But, if this is a matter of financial issues I would be more than happy to pay for something. Do you need money? I'm more than happy to pay for a procedure if you need it."

Greg and I thought that was so nice. It actually stopped my tears briefly and brought a smile to my face at the humanity of others. We told her how kind that was but in our case it was a matter of time at this point.

It's amazing what pets can do to the hearts of owners. This woman had no idea who we were. She saw we were suffering and our dog in the backseat and offered something so amazing. There truly are kind people out there.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gesture!

    God bless you and my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete